25 February 2016

Cuteness overload ♥ Gurashis featured in books

During the past few years, i have gradually rekindled (no pun intended) my old love for reading and books   
only old-school hardcopy ones please! no kindle/internet for me (: 

Especially after i started teaching, the hope that my "kids" will someday realise the joys of reading has made me spends hours in the children's section of bookstores in search for good books for them (:

 Heading down to the library on one of my weekly/fortnightly trips to borrow books for my class' mini "library", I thought: "maybe there are books about Sumikko Gurashi!" (I am a huge fan of these San-x characters ). But i searched to no avail ):

Then...


While browsing at Kinokuniya (JEM) a few days after... I glanced passed the Chinese Section Highlights and saw that it was featuring a Sumikko Gurashi comic book! 
(It felt like a wish come true! 
and in Chinese too! finally something i can actually read!)
 
角落生物的生活  S$17.35
(roughly translated as The Life of Summiko Gurashis)
Milk Tea pearl and Tempura plushies not included :P

And then I happened to be at Takashimaya the week later and i spotted this!  

Sumikko Gurashi Japanese Book  S$18.20

 This was in Japanese though, but still bought it to enjoy the pictures. (:
(The Japanese book seems more like a storybook, unlike the Chinese book which is a comic book, ie: the pages are in comic strip form)


Curious as to whether the Taka branch stocked the Chinese Sumikko Gurashi book, I asked the counter staff and he led me to the 小品 section which had SO many different books based on all the cute characters! Can't believe i had missed this section all along!

...and so my last pick was this!

 
 Kutsushita Nyanko book S$16.80




 
My haul! 

Always believed that buying books isn't a waste of money as it shows support for the authors/illustrators who write them and helps to keep the bookshop industry alive too!
 (Anyone else misses the HUGE Borders @Wheelock? It was such a big part of my childhood!) 


Stumbled upon any good (or just plain cute/fun) books recently? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment