20 September 2014

♥10 Alice in cupcake cafe 앨리스 in cupcake

 Alice in cupcake cafe (Seoul. Ewha)

*note - some of the pictures in this post have been edited (brightened) because most of the photos came out too dark


 

This cafe was my most memorable cafe in Seoul because of the very very sweet owner (:
Alice cafe is also located in the back alleys of Ewha, on the furthur end which is quieter

Was looking to grab a quick breakfast near school on a Sunday but it was not opened yet. But peeked through the door to see the lovely decor and decided that I should come back. 

  Decided to visit again after lessons on a weekday and it was really lovely. The owner started speaking to me in Korean then realised i didnt understand. So she asked if i was a tourist and i told her i was on exchange here. She was really sweet, trying to make a conversation with me in my broken korean.

Her friendly/sweet personality has seemed to have gained her quite a few regulars.
As i was sitting there, a girl entered and talked to her really comfortably like an unni, telling her how she was tired and so on, and whether she had eaten. So sweet. and when she asked for a charger, another girl at another table offered to her. ( though the owner does keep some chargers too).  Seriously loved the warm, family/friendly atmosphere
 
 The shelf near the door which stores all the chargers, plugs and other knick knacks to provide customers with a good experience.
 
 Red velvet and Earl grey tea cupcake  ₩3,500 each
Not too bad, but slightly dry though. Prefer cupcakes that are moist and buttery.
 
Stamp card - get 1 free with every 10 cupcakes bought


 The pretty and whimsical decor (:


  Talked to her for while before i left and wanted to take a photo with her as a memo of the sweet people i have met, and she was so cute. 

owner: sure! hmmm.. where is a good place to take a photo?
 *proceeds to look around the cafe and brings me to a wall with the painting of the hot air balloon*
 here! photo zone! 

 hahaha. so cutteee.

 

On my last night in seoul, decided to visit the cafe for old times' sake.  And the owner remembered me and was so sweet

the conversation-
me:  today's my last day "오늘 마지막날 " 
owner:  "그레서(?)... 그냥 (?).. " (basically a korean word to mean, BECAUSE it is your last day)
 I give you "service" i.e: the cupcake i chose would be free (:

And later she served me a cup of ice tea as well . seriously super sweet


farewell treat (:


Thank you *Alice* (I never asked the owner for her name, assuming it was Alice. hahaha) 
for making my stay in Korea even more memorable!


Location of Alice cafe:

Opening hours:
Mon-Sat:10am-10pm
Sun:2pm-8pm


 

Loved ♥
The really sweet owner
The "family" vibe
The cute and homely decor 

07.07.14+23.07.14

No comments:

Post a Comment